How Do Staffing Agencies Provide Support to Employers?
Most manufacturing and light industrial staffing agencies provide services like:
- Temporary Staffing – This allows your company to bring on skilled temporary workers to keep up with production demands, access special skill sets, and cover for absences. You can scale your workforce up when you need it and scale back when you don’t.
- Temp-to-Hire – Temp-to-hire staffing services are useful when you want to evaluate an employee for work ethic, skills, and cultural fit before committing to a permanent employment relationship. The temporary worker remains on the staffing agency’s payroll for a set period. Then, you can decide whether to transfer them to your payroll and bring them on as a permanent employee.
- Direct Hire – Direct hire staffing means the staffing firm sources, screens, and hires full-time workers that go directly onto your permanent payroll. This simplifies and shortens the hiring process, so you get access to the people you need fast.
- Payroll Services – Staffing firms can handle the administrative burden of payroll, including workers’ compensation, unemployment, E-Verify, background checks, and more. This lets your team focus on getting work done rather than endless hours of paperwork.
- On-Site Recruiting – Professional recruiters will hire on-site at your facility, ensuring the firm understands your business completely and can find the right people the first time.
What Risks Do Employers Face When Onboarding Employees on Their Own?
Here are some common pitfalls a staffing firm can help you avoid:
- Inaccurate Job Descriptions – The job description is the first touchpoint you have with a prospective candidate. If it’s inaccurate, not thorough, or unclear, it will turn job seekers off right away. Staffing firms can help you craft job descriptions that perform well, allowing your company to find and hire better candidates for every opening.
- Long Onboarding Process – When the interviewing and onboarding process is drawn-out or overly complex, job seekers might start to consider their alternatives. Working with a staffing firm ensures your onboarding process is concise and efficient, allowing candidates to get to work fast. It’s a win-win.
- High Turnover – Bringing on low-quality candidates usually means they’ll leave or be let go within a short time frame. This cycle of turnover is not good for business. When you rely on a staffing firm to provide high-quality candidates for your open roles, you’ll notice that the turnover rate has dropped dramatically. That’s good for morale and your bottom line.
Staffing Experts in Dallas-Fort Worth Describe the Benefits of Partnering with a Temporary Staffing Agency
Staffing Agencies Streamline the Hiring Process
When you trust your hiring to a staffing agency, you’ll find high-quality candidates much faster than you would be able to on your own. It’s the recruiters’ full-time job to find your company candidates that check every box, so the entire process becomes more streamlined. And because staffing firms have large talent pools to source from, you gain access to the best people in a very short timeframe. You can stop competing against other companies in your field that are searching for the same talent you are – all you have to do is rely on the staffing firm’s expertise and ready-to-go talent.
Staffing Agencies Help Reduce Hiring Costs for Your Business
It might seem like relying on a staffing firm is too expensive to be worth it, versus hiring on your own. But this isn’t true. In the long run, the fees the firm charges will be far less costly than going about the talent search alone.
Staffing firms allow you to reduce your overhead costs when you bring on temporary employees. Don’t forget the cost-savings on training, certification, and onboarding, as well. Simply put, utilizing a staffing firm is a cost-effective way to get the workers you need at a price that suits your budget.
Employers Have the Flexibility to Hire On Demand
In the warehouse, light industrial, and manufacturing fields, demand can change on a dime. Your workforce needs to be able to keep up. This is one of the greatest advantages of relying on a temporary staffing agency – you can scale your workforce up when demand increases, but you don’t have to lay off permanent employees when that demand cools off. And if you need a skilled leader or permanent employee, a staffing partner helps with that, too. You’ll be able to fill your organization's most vital full-time roles in much less time than it would take you on your own.
Staffing Agencies are a Valuable Resource to the Internal Team
Relying on a staffing partner frees up your HR team to focus on other core business, rather than creating job descriptions, screening resumes, checking references, and the other tedious parts of recruiting. Plus, temporary staffing means your core production team can focus on higher-value work and operational targets rather than day-to-day tasks, which can be performed by temporary employees. Not only is this helpful for your workflows and business outcomes, but it reduces burnout among your core staff, too.
Gain Experience and Expertise of Staffing Experts in Dallas-Fort Worth
The benefits of a staffing firm go beyond simply hiring workers on your behalf. Partnering with a seasoned recruiting firm means you gain the insight and expertise of industry experts. Recruiters can help your company analyze and evaluate your workflows, current hiring process, and talent needs, taking a consultative approach to your hiring process. Plus, they can provide you with key information on salary ranges and local market trends.
Leave the Onboarding Process up to the Professionals: Staffing Agency in Dallas-Fort Worth and Houston and Gain Qualified Talent for Your Team
Looking to hire skilled workers on a temporary, temp-to-hire, or direct-hire basis? Turn to your trusted staffing agency in Dallas-Fort Worth and Houston: KP Staffing. We specialize in delivering highly qualified light industrial and skilled trades candidates to warehouse employers. Add flexibility to your workforce with temporary staffing and ensure you’re getting the right candidate with our temp-to-hire services – you can try out an employee on the production floor before committing to a permanent relationship.
Ready to get started? Contact KP Staffing.